Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday is Spa Day!

What some kids call a ‘baby pool’ I get to call a ‘spa’! It’s free, it’s wet, and it feels good. What I don’t like about our garden spa are the slippery sides that won’t let me get a grip and hoist myself over the edge, and believe me, I’ve tried. Those occasional rocks placed in the pool are sometimes helpful for leverage but I think she is on to my scheme, and only uses the low, flat stones. Another spa feature is the “Turtle Waxing” – for real! I pretend I don’t really enjoy the creamy, waxy emollients that she rubs into my shell and over my scutes. That’s right – scutes. Look it up. She even goes all the way and gives me leg and arm massages with the goo. I think she likes the way my shell shines afterward. Once, when she didn’t know I was watching, I caught her rubbing my turtle wax goo on her human hands! Talk about strange.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like Hank may want to "scute" right out of the Spa and down the street into the Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do just that if she would only let me out of the tank today. It looks so nice out and she's busy upstairs. Today I am Hank the Tank!

    ReplyDelete